Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Shopping

Lori and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings last night for Tom Bredfield’s birthday/graduation party. It was fun and interesting and I felt really out of place because the only reason I was there was because of Lori. I don’t really hang out with Tom at all and I felt bad because he was buying everything. (Actually, I think his parents were paying him back but still.) We ended up doing some errand running, going to Target, David’s Bridal, and Blockbuster to rent movies so we have something to do between now and graduation. Last night we watched Last Chance Harvey with Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson. It was really cute. I really enjoyed watching it. It was a romantic comedy sort of but not in the pop culture Hollywood style bells and whistles sort of romantic comedy but a sweet romantic comedy about two people who find each other and enjoy each other’s company. I really liked it but I’m not sure I would buy it. It’s not one of those movies that you buy and watch over and over. Its something you rent every now and then and enjoy, with long spaces between viewings. We also rented Changeling and Slumdog Millionaire so we’ll watch those sometime today and tomorrow.

I feel like this week is going by really slowly. I want it to be Friday already and it just isn’t working out. It keeps taking forever to get there. Technically, I have two finals today, one at 2pm (Color critique) and one at 7pm (Advanced Art critique—not my stuff). So I’m just twiddling my thumbs for the rest of the week really. I’m going to go shopping as soon as I’m done in the writing center. Actually, I could probably go now if I wanted to but the mall isn’t open and I can’t think of anywhere else I could go to get the stuff I want. Probably I could go to the dollar store. That would be a good place to go and get stuff for gift bag stuff. Actually, the idea I had in mind is probably not going to be financially feasible anymore. I realized that my brain was getting a little too creative and if I put together the gift bags the way I wanted to, it would be at least $30 a person and I don’t have that kind of money to spend. So, it will probably be something a little smaller. Maybe I’ll find something when I’m shopping that will scream all three of them and I can get a different kind for each person. I got the impression that its not to be something expensive anyway which is good. I’ll just have to browse around a little. If I can’t find something today, there’s always tomorrow morning as well.

I felt really bad because Mom wanted me to work for her on Friday so she can go hear Hillary sing but I can’t because I have to work at Potter’s, 4-8. Actually, I would have loved to go hear Hillary sing as well but I can’t. Besides I need the money for working at Potter’s. I can’t afford to not work right now. At least, not until I either accept the job at Pearson’s or get one at a nursing home so they’ll pay for me to get my CNA. I still feel really badly about it, though. I wish I could help. I hope she can find someone to work for her so she can go. It would suck if she couldn’t go because its so far away. It’s in Grinnell. That is farther than Solon has ever had to go to get to Large Group contest. I wonder how it works out this way this year. Usually its in Tipton or West Liberty, somewhere semi-close, that doesn’t require over an hours worth of driving one way. I’ll just have to pray that she finds someone to work for her.

I forgot completely that I won’t be at Bible study tomorrow night because we’ve got a senior dinner first and then Amanda wants to go out again. I’m all for going to the Piano Lounge but I don’t really want to go to a “club” because its just not me. The dancing is fun for a little while but when strange guys come up to you and start dancing with you it gets old real fast. I’ll go on Thursday but I hope we don’t end up staying long. The Piano Lounge is much more my style and I’d be much happier doing that then going to a club. Besides, I’d spend less money because Piano Lounge has half price drinks on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment