Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Job search

I’ve been a slacker this week, mostly because I’m trying really hard to get into a routine at home and I’m still working on getting everything back in. I don’t really want to wake up any earlier but I might have to. Probably I’ll end up getting up at 6:30 every morning so I can work out and shower and still have time to drive Hillary to school. An hour and a half is plenty of time for me to get my morning routine accomplished. I’m trying to figure out, though, if I can get up later and still get it accomplished. Probably, if I get up and work out at 7:15, I can eat breakfast, drive Hillary to school, then come back and shower. That should work out all right. I can’t do it tomorrow because I’m working at 7am for Kristi but I’ll see if it works for Friday. I’ve just got to get myself motivated to get up and work out. I’ll have to do it either in my room or in the basement because Mom and Dad have the news on when they are here. Probably, at 7:15, though, they will both have left for work so I can probably use the living room TV. We’ll see how it goes.

I’m trying to find a job because my Pearson scoring job fell through. I’m hoping to get a job as a waitress at a restaurant either in North Liberty or on the north edge of Iowa City. I’ve got an application to Eggy’s on 965 in North Liberty and all I have to do is turn it in. I’ve also got an application to Bob’s Your Uncle on North Dodge St which is only about 10 minutes away and I’m supposed to hand in my application in person to the owner so it gives me hope that it will be a hit. I’ve asked Mom to pray for me and I’m praying for me to get a job that will work for the next few months. Hopefully I’ll find something by Friday. That is my goal, is to find a job by Friday. I know, it might be unrealistic, what with the economy as it is but the power of prayer, right?

I’ve been really bored at home lately because there’s nobody here. I’m not used to being by myself so much. Mom wants me to clean so I’ve been doing that this morning, plus I’m doing laundry because I need to but there’s only so much cleaning I can do because there are piles of stuff that I don’t know what to do with because their aren’t mine. Hillary’s stuff I’ve been putting in her room but Mom and Dad’s papers and mail and stuff I’m just not sure what to do with. What needs to happen is them going through their stuff and having a designated pile and getting rid of anything that doesn’t need to be kept. I’ll admit, I’m just as prone to piles but I’m trying to get organized and get better about hiding my piles. I’ve got two junk drawers and a box for papers and school stuff. Right now all I’ve left to find a place for is my shoe basket. Probably I will end up putting it in my closet but I need to get tubs to put my kitchen stuff and bedding in and in the back of the closet before I plug up the front of the closet.

I’m not stressing about not having a job right now because I’m not really in desperate need of money. In reality I’m pretty broke, but all I’ve got is netflix and my target bill to pay. When I get my Potter’s Obsession paycheck this weekend I’ll be able to make a payment on my target bill and then I’ll be set for the rest of May. My school loans, I’m pretty sure, have been deferred and all I really need money for is to buy my books for my class this summer. I’m not sure exactly where to find out what books I need but probably there is a bookstore somewhere that I can find the information at. Mom and Dad paid for my plane ticket to Colorado so I’ve got to pay them back sometime but I’ll get there eventually. If I get a job as a waitress, hopefully I’ll get good enough tips that I’ll be able to pay them back fairly quickly. I don’t want to make them pay for things and not get paid back quickly because I know they don’t have a lot of money to spare right now, especially with the van going on the fritz with the air conditioning and the check engine light coming on and off intermittently.

I can’t find anywhere that lists what books I’ll need for the classes I’m signed up for. I can’t even find the bookstore website, assuming they have one. Its annoying. I’d like to try to get my books cheaper if possible but it looks like I might have to pay the exorbitant bookstore prices if I can’t find something soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment