Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Jobs blackout

I’m trying to be superwoman. I think its actually working out well. I’ve been working on the den remodel for our foreign exchange student who is coming in August and I think I’m doing pretty good. My goal was to work on it for at least an hour a day. I’ve made pretty good progress. All of the wallpaper is off the walls. Most of the chair-rail is off the wall. The next step is to remove the crown molding and then to mask off the floorboards to we can texture and paint the walls. Mom is really stressed out about life in general and I don’t know what to do about it. Its pretty intense when she gets this way but I’m trying to be helpful by doing most of the remodeling for her. That way, she doesn’t have to worry about it as much. It doesn’t help that she works ten hour days. She needs to work fewer hours but there isn’t much she can do about it. I’ve offered to work in the mornings for her but she hasn’t accepted as of yet. Maybe I can work afternoons for her once I’ve started classes so she can have time to come home and do other things. That would work because she doesn’t have to do things during the afternoon in the summers.

(I have been edited)

My biology class starts on the 9th of June and I’m really looking forward to it. I know it will basically be a review of what I learned in Cell and Molec. Biology at Coe (because its using the same book) but its pretty much been four years since I took that class so it will be nice to have a refresher. Probably I should be reviewing and reading through the chemistry I’ve already covered as well so it will stay fresh for my chemistry class in the fall and more established in my brain for the MCAT next spring but I can’t really motivate myself to do that yet. Mostly because my desk in my room is so cluttered that I can’t justify adding anything more to it, like a chemistry book. I need to work on organizing my room but I’ve just got so much stuff and I can’t seem to throw anything away. I was pretty good around Easter, throwing things away that I wasn’t going to use anymore but now I’m back to the point where I don’t know if I’m going to use it again or not so I don’t want to throw it out in case I need it. I know that’s a bad policy. All of the organizing shows I’ve watched say, if you don’t need it in the foreseeable future then throw it out. You can always buy another one (of whatever it is.) But most of it is sentimental. I don’t want to throw away things with positive memories attached to them. So I throw it into a desk or a drawer and only open the drawer when I can’t find something specific, run across the sentimental thing, then spend fifteen minutes looking through the drawer, enjoying the memories and completely forgetting about what I was looking for in the first place.

I’m working on a book right now, (The Dragonbone Chair) that I’ve been working on since before I moved home. I can’t believe I’m still working on the same book. It is taking me so long to get through this book! Seriously, while its 750+ pages, that usually only takes me about a week or two. I’m going on three weeks! Partly that is because I only get a few minutes here and there and I haven’t been reading at night before I go to sleep but now I’ve been trying to do that and its going faster. A month spent on the same book is a little ridiculous so I’ve made it my goal to finish the book before the beginning of next week. Shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve got a few hours scheduled just for reading during today and tomorrow and I’ve got less than 200 pages left to go. Of course, at the rate I’ve been going, its going to take me all of the time I can muster to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment