Thursday, May 7, 2009

Packing

I think its really sad that I can’t sleep in past 8:30 in the morning. I’ve been up for over an hour now and while Ashley got up and ate breakfast and has left to work out, she got up after me. As far as I know, Lori and Amanda aren’t up either, unless they’re in their room watching TV, which is entirely possible. Either way, I feel like I’ve gotten up way earlier than I needed to. I’ve already showered, too. I also read over a chapter in my book. I’ve packed some more, put together my presents for my roommates, and contemplated doing the dishes. We have so many of them. Again. I’m trying to decide if its my turn to do them. I can’t remember, but I doubt it. Besides, I’ve got to start packing my dishes. I need to get things pretty much ready to go so I can be set for when Adam comes tomorrow. Hopefully all I will need him for is the heavy lifting (my TV) and generally moving. The more people carrying things out, the faster it will go.

We watched Bed Knobs and Broomsticks last night. Amanda and Ashley had never seen it and I’d thought I’d seen it all but there were parts that I definitely didn’t remember seeing so I must have only seen enough bits and pieces to put together the storyline. I really enjoyed it. Ashley really liked it too, though it was kind of long. Its almost two and half hours! A Disney movie! That is excessively long for Disney movies, which are usually an hour and a half to an hour and forty five minutes. A Disney movie this long is unusual but I didn’t notice the length really until the end when I was getting really tired. Still, it’s probably one of my favorite Disney movies, though it doesn’t have some of my favorite songs. I still enjoyed it. I have this secret future fantasy that my children will love Disney just as much as I do and will obsess over watching all of them and knowing all they can. Actually, I will be happy if they enjoy watching them. The old classic ones that is. Not the new Disney/Pixar ones because I don’t think they are as good as the classic Disney movies like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, even Sword in the Stone and The Fox and the Hound. There’s something about these classic Disney animations that make them extremely lovable. The new ones don’t seem as lovable and cute. Probably because they weren’t a memorable part of my childhood, but I still enjoy watching the classic ones, so why are the new ones less memorable to me? I think they have less singing and dancing segments. The songs are more incorporated into the background, rather than the characters themselves singing. Its also probably why I liked Enchanted so much, because the main character sang her own songs.

I kind of want to move home now. I feel like I’m waiting to get things done, when I could do them right now. If it weren’t for lunch with the Writing Center seniors at 11:30 I’d probably say screw it and move out today rather than tomorrow. Instead, I’ve got to sit around and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for time to pass so I can move out. I could get everything done now so I wouldn’t have to worry about it later but then I’d be sitting in a mostly bare apartment and that would be kind of depressing. I don’t want to be depressed. I’m resisting taking down my posters until the last minute because that will make things seem the most bare and empty. I’ve gotten used to seeing them, if even out of my periphery and to have them down yet still being in the room would be almost intimidating. I’m trying to decide if I’m going to put any of them up in my room at home. I’m tempted to put none of them up and just revel in the pink walls of my room but I’ve got so many, it would be a shame not to use any of them. I’ve got eight full size posters, and four long skinny posters and several smaller ones. One is a dance poster with pink trim that would actually look pretty good in my room but its not of a pose that I particularly enjoy. Hillary stole the one dance poster that I really loved and I don’t have the heart to take it back from her, especially since she’s still dancing and I’m not. All of my posters will not fit in my room so I’d have to make some sacrifices as it is. I’m thinking that some of them would actually look pretty good in the hallway on the way up to my room. I could also do an homage to Gone with the Wind since I have two posters on that movie. That could be really nice, especially next to the corner where I’m going to put the TV and DVDs. Probably I will use those and the long skinny one of a guy and girl in Italy, kissing on a wharf.

No comments:

Post a Comment